CAS is a nonprofit, professional membership organization
CAS is a nonprofit, professional membership organization supporting over 7,500 highly educated, professional actuaries through the establishment and tracking of membership qualification standards and the provision of research and learning opportunities such as peer-reviewed publications and educational seminars. We are located in Ballston, Arlington, VA.
CAS has a rare opportunity and is looking for a Research Manager (actuarial background preferred) to help us develop and project manage new research initiatives.
Key responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
· Providing support and serving as a liaison to the core research function of the CAS by assisting in the development of new research initiatives and managing volunteer research and development committees.
· Managing staff support of the research function of the CAS, provide research assistance for CAS members and staff as needed and oversee the day-to-day work of the Research Coordinator.
· Generating ideas for new research and coordinates and participates in the development, support and timely completion of research projects to support Research and Development Committees and the Vice President – Research and Development.
· Maintaining and enhancing the CAS research database in coordination with the Research Committees and web-based member resources such as the Database of Actuarial Research Enquiry.
Skills/Experience and Qualifications
· Fully accredited undergraduate degree (Bachelors) in an actuarial or related discipline, such as mathematics, statistics, finance, economics etc.
· ACAS, FCAS or a credential related to your education and/or work experience is desired.
· Minimum of five year’s work experience in:
§ Academic research in an actuarial or related discipline, e.g. mathematics, statistics, finance or economics or
§ As a practicing actuary, preferably in property & casualty.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to deliver presentations comfortably and effectively in a public setting are required along with experience in reviewing research reports and providing technical feedback to researchers.
· Excellent service orientation, along with organizational, interpersonal and project management skills and the ability to work both independently or as part of a team.
· Proficiency in using e-mail communications, Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and databases is essential.
CAS offers competitive salary, excellent benefits, flexible working and opportunity to work remotely and metro location. Minimal travel may be required.
For consideration please send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to [email protected]
The CAS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, gender identity, or any other protected status under applicable law.